The Old Cottage
Is a private section of an old Greyton house situated near the top of Vigne Lane, within walking distance to all shops and restaurants in the village. Built in 1856 by the founder of Greyton, Sir Herbert Vigne, The Old Cottage is separated from the main house by a large courtyard and has its own entrance and ideal for 2 guests.
Accommodation consists of one bedroom with a queen size bed, cotton sheets, down pillows, electric blanket in winter, fans in summer and hair dryer. There is a newly installed en-suite shower room with towels provided. A substantial, fully equipped kitchen has a gas hob, electric oven and a microwave oven. A charming living room with reed ceiling has an old Dover Stove fireplace with firewood provided and a four-seater dining table. There is television with full DSTV (no card required) and a DVD player.
The spacious and pretty, vine covered courtyard which leads off the dining area, has an open fireplace which can also be used as a braai. The cottage is decorated with interesting furniture, original paintings and has a well-equipped library of books, magazines and DVDs. There is Wi Fi, off street parking and an armed response alarm system.
The Old Cottage has the same owners as Fig Tree Cottage, an established self-catering guesthouse on the next property (which sleeps 4) – see Fig Tree under the two Bedroom section, so The Old Cottage can be rented separately or the two cottages together could be suitable for a party of six.
• Linen & bath/hand towels provided
• Fully equipped kitchen with big fridge/freezer, full 4 plate gas hob and electric oven, microwave, toaster & kettle, coffee plunger
• 4-Seater Dining table
• Heaters for summer
• Fans for winter
• Electric blankets
• TV with full DSTV (no card or decoder required)
• Dover stove Fireplace (wood provided)
• Built in braai facilities (own charcoal and firelighters)
• Patio furniture
Accommodation Rates and Booking Procedures:
• 50% deposit required to secure the booking
– balance payable 3 days prior to arrival.
• R1 300 per night for 2 guests
• Minimum 2 nights
• No Pets – Sorry
• Smoking outside
Arrival and Departure:
• check-in time is after 14h00 and check-out before 10h00 unless arranged otherwise
Click Enquire to make your booking